Sunday 7 June 2015

Day 6; Perth to Inverness (Will be updated once I'm less broken...)

Today has been horrendous.   Forget 'enduring love', instead think enduring pain.  I'm exhausted after a long day on the bike in a head wind with lots of hills.  Encouragement from Mark and Bella has been so appreciated (as has mark acting as a wind break, and comforting me as I howled with tears).

Today's route roughly followed the A9, but only did 2 very short segments on it.  Instead we followed B roads, minor roads and a cycle path north, fighting a strong head wind over the Pass of Drumochter.

I am in my bed in the youth hostel in Inverness and I am broken.  I don't know if I can do tomorrow's ride.  Everywhere hurts, including my right triceps (which is much more painful than I can explain).  I've rubbed ibuprofen in the appropriate places and am about to get an early night.

I'm scared about tomorrow.  I've come so far and really don't want to be beaten.  I don't want to fail and let everyone down, but I'm not sure I can do it. :(. Anyway, an early night for me, hopefully I will feel fresh inn the morning, ready to slay this beast!

The stats:
Distance; roughly 117miles (my garmin says 115 but I forgot to turn it on briefly).
Av speed; 13.1mph
Ride time; 8hr46
My garmin won't work out ascent; it's saying 2m but I can assure that is wrong!

And my charity page is www.virginmoneygiving.com/nikkisommers. Because this suffering has to be worth something!!! Help me raise money for Orchid, a charity who support people like my Dad and help to fund research into male cancer.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment