Wednesday 16 December 2015

Great news at Christmas time!

After a year of tough challenges, we've had some really good news this week!  Dad had his first scan last week to see if his cancer had come back or not; this is the first scan since January, where he got the all-clear after finishing chemo.  Thankfully it's great news!!  The scan is clear!  Last Christmas Dad was looking rather rough!  He had no hair, and had his final dose of chemo on Christmas eve.  This year I suspect he'll be looking a bit better!  Phew!

Me & my Dad! :)
It's been a hard year, full of challenges, as I've raised money for Orchid, a male cancer charity.  At the moment I've raised £2,600, but would love it if I would creep a bit closer to £3000!  If you want to sponsor me you can at www.virginmoneygiving.com/nikkisommers thank you!

This weekend I'll be running my final challenge; perhaps my hardest yet!  I'll be trying very hard to finish the Tour de Helvellyn; this is a hilly 38 mile ultra-marathon in the Lake District; currently the weather forecast is for heavy rain.  I'll feeling quite nervous and rather reluctant!

No comments:

Post a Comment